Referred to: The Economic Development, Tourism, Housing, Planning and Transit Committee (Chairman Cahill and Legislators Archer, Corcoran, Delaune, Litts, Maio, and Uchitelle), The Public Works and Capital Projects Committee (Chairman Fabiano and Legislators Cahill, Greene, Heppner, and Litts), and The Ways and Means Committee (Chairwoman Archer and Legislators Bartels, Gavaris, Haynes, Maio, Ronk, and Walter)
Chairman of the Economic Development, Tourism, Housing, Planning, and Transit Committee, Brian B. Cahill, and Deputy Chair Herbert Litts, III offer the following:
WHEREAS, this Resolution has been submitted by the County Executive on behalf of the Ulster County Department of Public Transportation; and
WHEREAS, the Director of Public Transportation was previously awarded thefollowing Federal Transportation Administration Grants for County Fiscal Year 2019 and 2020:
1. Mass Transportation Project NY-2019-038, Section 5339, Purchase (2) Replacement 35’ Buses (PIN#8TRU79), Purchase (2) Low Floor Cutaway Buses (PIN#8TRU78).
2. Mass Transportation Project FFY2018 5307 Program NY-2019-031, Section5307, Project Administration (PIN #8TRU14), Preventive Maintenance(PIN #8TRU76), and Operating Assistance (PIN #8TRU50).
3. Mass Transportation Project NY-2019-034, Section5311 transfer funds to 5307, Operating Assistance (PIN #8TRU50), Purchase (1) Replacement 35’ Bus (PIN#8TRU78), Purchase Capital Maintenance Items (PIN#8TRU78).
4. Accelerated Transit Capital Program ATC-18-ULS, Facilities Maintenance (PIN#8TRU85), 100% State Funded with no local share.
5. Accelerated Transit Capital Program ATC-19-ULS, received to offset 10% local share (PIN#8TRU99) of the replacement 35’ Bus and Bus Parts (PIN#8TRU78), received to offset 10% local share (PIN#8TRU01) of the (2) replacement 35’ Buses (PIN#8TRU79) and (2) Low Floor Cutaway buses for the expansion (PIN#8TRU78).
6. Mass Transportation Project -Public Transportation Modernization and Enhancement Program TC-18-ULS, Purchase Training Equipment (PIN#8TRU01), Technical Equipment (PIN#8TRU96), Replacement 35’ Bus (PIN#8TRU79).
7. Mass Transportation Project -Public Transportation Modernization and Enhancement Program TC-19-ULS, Purchase Fare Collection Equipment (PIN#8TU002), Bus electrification/ Power Distribution (PIN#8TU001).
WHEREAS, all federal grants pertaining to project administration, preventive maintenance, purchase of replacement buses, and purchase of associated capital items are funded at a rate of 80% Federal, 10% New York State share and10% local financing; and
WHEREAS, all federal grants pertaining to operating assistance are funded at a rate of 50% Federal and50% local financing; and
WHEREAS, all state grants pertaining to offsets of local shares for capital purchases and purchase of capital items through the Accelerated Transit Capital Program and the Modernization and Enhancement program are funded at a rate of 100% state financing; and
WHEREAS, the Federal share and the local share of these projects werepreviously administered and expended; and
WHEREAS, the Director of Public Transportation has received notification that the New York State share is available; now, therefore be it
RESOLVED, that the Chair of the Ulster County Legislature is hereby authorized to execute an agreement (Contract K007205, Schedule A, Supplemental #4) andany amendments thereto, with the New York State Department of Transportation inorder to accept the New York State Share for Federal Fiscal Year 2020 Mass Transportation Capital Projects and Operating Costs, in the total amount of $5,229,503, in the form asfiled with the Clerk of the Ulster County Legislature, or as modified with theapproval of the County Attorney,
and move its adoption.
ADOPTED BY THE FOLLOWING VOTE:
Passed Committee: Economic Development, Tourism, Housing, Planning and Transit on _______________.
Passed Committee: Public Works and Capital Projects on _______________.
Passed Committee: Ways and Means on _______________.
$ 595,509.00 - BUDGETED 2020 COUNTY APPROPRIATION DOLLARS
$1,969,922.00 - BUDGETED 2020 STATE REVENUE DOLLARS
$2,664,072.00 - BUDGETED 2020 FEDERAL REVENUE DOLLARS
Current Text: PDF
Updated: December 21, 2020
Votes on this Resolutionyes no abstained no vote
Vote to Adopt Resolution No. 387
Committee Vote to Adopt Resolution No. 387
Committee Vote to Adopt Resolution No. 387