NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ULSTER COUNTY
APPLICATION FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED
BY THE NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RENEWAL
1. Citizens are advised that Ulster County is considering an application under the Economic Development and Small Business Assistance Program that utilizes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the New York State Office of Homes and Community Renewal (OCR). This program provides funding to local governments to assist qualifying businesses who undertake activities resulting in the creation or retention of job opportunities for persons from low- and moderate-income families.
2. A public hearing on the proposed application by Ulster County to assist Farm to Table Community Inc. will be held on March 16, 2021 at 7:20 pm or soon thereafter as the public may be heard, via Call in Studio by dialing 205-Ulster-0 (205-857-8340. This hearing will be livestreamed at https://livestream.com/accounts/1512750/events/1824203. Citizens are encouraged to submit their comments and views on the proposed application as outlined below. The hearing is being conducted pursuant to Section 570.486, Subpart I of the Code of Federal Regulations in compliance with the requirements of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
3. Ulster County’s application is seeking to provide funding for Farm to Table Community Inc. located at 750 Enterprise Drive in the amount of approximately $390,000 in CDBG funds to purchase equipment for its operations with a total cost of $4,960,411. The Farm Bridge will create a total of twenty-six (26) full time jobs that will be made available to persons from low- and moderate-income families.
4. Written comments should be directed to Timothy Weidemann, Director, Ulster County Office of Economic Development, 3 Development Court, P.O. Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and shall be received no later than Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
5. Copies of supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Office of Economic Development, 3 Development Court, Kingston, NY.
6. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation or assistance to participate in the Public Hearing or to obtain a copy of the transcript of the Public Hearing in an alternative format in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 845-340-3666.
Dated: March 4, 2021 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Ulster County Legislature