NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
APPLICATION FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RENEWAL
1. Citizens are advised that Ulster County is considering an application for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the New York State Office of Community Renewal (OCR). OCR will make approximately 10 million dollars in CDBG funds available for housing activities including housing rehabilitation, homebuyer down payment assistance, manufactured housing replacement, private water/wastewater system assistance that primarily benefit low- and moderate-income persons. For the 2020 Program Year, Ulster County is eligible to apply for up to $1,000,000.
2. A public hearing on Ulster County’s Community Development Block Grant Program will be held on March 16, 2021 at 7:10 PM or soon thereafter as the public may be heard. Meeting details are as follows:
The public may be heard via Call in Studio by dialing: 205-Ulster-0 (205-857-8370). This hearing will be livestreamed at: https://livestream.com/accounts/1512750/events/1824203
The hearing will provide further information about the CDBG program and will allow for citizen participation in the development of any proposed grant applications and/or to provide technical assistance to develop alternate proposals. Comments on the CDBG program or proposed project(s) will be received at this time. The hearing is being conducted pursuant to Section 570.486, Subpart I of the CFR and in compliance with the requirements of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended
3. Written comments should be directed to Victoria Fabella Clerk of the Ulster County Legislature County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and shall be received no later than March 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
4. Copies of supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Planning Department, 244 Fair Street, County Office Building, Kingston, NY.
5. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, those with hearing impairments, or those in need of translation from English, those individuals should contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 845-340-3666 at least one week in advance of the hearing date to allow for necessary arrangements.
Dated: March 3, 2021 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Ulster County Legislature