NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
APPLICATION FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF HOMES AND COMMUNITY RENEWAL
1. Citizens are advised that Ulster County is considering an application for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the New York State Office of Community Renewal (OCR). OCR will make 12 million dollars in CDBG funds available for housing activities including housing rehabilitation, homeownership, manufactured housing rehabilitation or replacement, well and septic replacement, and lateral connection assistance that primarily benefit low and moderate income persons. For the 2018 Program Year Ulster County is eligible to apply for up to $1,000,000.00
2. A public hearing on Ulster County’s Community Development Block Grant Program will be held on November 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM or soon thereafter as the public may be heard, in the County Legislative Chambers, 6th Floor, 244 Fair St. Kingston, New York. The hearing will provide further information about the CDBG program and will allow for citizen participation in the development of any proposed grant applications and/or to provide technical assistance to develop alternate proposals. Comments on the CDBG program or proposed project(s) will be received at this time. The hearing is being conducted pursuant to Section 570.486, Subpart I of the CFR and in compliance with the requirements of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
3. Citizens are urged to express their views on the direction of Ulster County's CDBG Program. CDBG funds are available for housing activities including housing rehabilitation, well and septic replacement, and lateral connection assistance that primarily benefit low-and moderate-income persons.
4. Written comments should be directed to Dennis Doyle, Director, Ulster County Planning Department, County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and shall be received no later than November 16, 2018.
5. Copies of supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Planning Department, 244 Fair Street, County Office Building, Kingston, NY.
6. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation or assistance to participate in the Public Hearing or to obtain a copy of the transcript of the Public Hearing in an alternative format in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 340-3666.
Dated: November 1, 2018 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Ulster County Legislature